Tile for success
Tiles are the backbone of your bathroom design. Consider using the same tile on the floor and walls and let the free standing bath or vanity be the feature. Alternatively, make a statement with your feature tile and tapware and keep the other fixtures simple.
Other things to consider are:
- Floor to ceiling wall tiles – tiling from floor to ceiling with larger tiles creates a clean, seamless appearance
- Light wall tiles – reflect and bounce light to give the illusion of more space
- Plan the tile placement with your tiler in order to minimise cuts and create the cleanest look possible
Sense of space
A few designer tricks to help you make a bathroom feel larger and more luxurious are:
- Wall mounted vanity – the unit hangs on the wall with around a 30cm gap from the bottom of the unit to the floor tiles that run under the vanity unit
- Niche shower shelf – a recessed cavity in your shower recess instead of a wall shelf for soap, hair products etc.
- Hidden cistern – the cistern is concealed in the wall or behind a cabinet with only the flush buttons visible
- Recessed medicine cabinet – a cabinet with a mirrored door installed into the wall creates additional storage space
Make your bathroom more comfortable and functional.
- Heated towel rails and underfloor heating not only warm up your bathroom but also help dry it out
- Install diffused downlights over your vanity to provide additional light for make-up, shaving, grooming etc.
- Position your power points out of sight inside or under your medicine cabinet or vanity
Feeling inspired – your dream kitchen is just a few clicks away with our FREE online interior design service!
Try Our 100% Free Online Tool!