Most home renovations or new builds include open plan living with a kitchen, meals and a lounge area. The most obvious benefit of open plan living is that it lets you spend more time together as a family unit. One downside of open plan living is that everything in your kitchen is on display, which may not be ideal particularly when you have guests. However, there are things you can do to lift the look and feel of your kitchen.
It’s a shame to have spent so much time, energy and money on your open living area and have it dragged down by the look of old appliances. You may not be able to hide old appliances but you can update them to provide a clean and coordinated look and feel.
1. Country Road, Theo Timber Salad Server, $39.95
2. Smeg, Kettle Pastel Blue, $219.00
3. Menu, Salt and Pepper Bottle Grinders Set of 2, $139.95
4. Smeg, 2 Slice Toaster Pastel Blue, $199.00
5. Brabantia, New Icon Pedal Bin 5L White, $79.95
6. Country Road, Theo Timber Shallow Bowl, $99.95
7. David Jones, Microfibre Dusky Blue Kitchen Towel, $12.95
8. Le Creuset, Storage Jar Ink Blue 800ml, $64.95
A matching new toaster, kettle and sandwich makers plus, maybe throw in a new coffee machine or microwave, can give your kitchen a real lift. Add a few pretty cookbooks – not too many, some other pieces such as a biscuit jar, fruit plate or vase and finish with some nice tea towels. This works for a new kitchen but is also a great way to freshen up an older kitchen.
Main image & images above: Laminex