The Butler’s Pantry completes our Kitchen Design Tips.
Why have one?
Open plan living means that everything in the kitchen is on show. This can be anything from the shopping to food preparation to yesterday’s dirty dishes!
If you have the space and the money, a Butler’s Pantry is a great option, particularly if you do a lot of entertaining.
What is it?
A Butler’s Pantry is a kitchen within a kitchen. Typically, it will house all your appliances, along with an extra sink and extra bench space and shelving. You could also have a second dishwasher, oven and/ or refrigerator, any of which can be so handy when entertaining.
Key design tips for your Butler’s Pantry:
- Some open shelving for every day items (approx. 30cm deep so things don’t get lost)
- Pull-out cabinets to help you maximise your storage
- Walkway width of at least 100cm
- Task lighting
- Plenty of power points (at least 150mm above bench height for adapters & chargers)
- Cavity sliding or bi-fold entry door to reduce noise and hide the mess!
Feeling inspired – your dream kitchen is just a few clicks away with our FREE online interior design service!